Tuesday, May 5, 2009

This world is not my home...

In the wee hours of the morning, before I wake the kids for the day, I have a habit that I really must stop....I watch the local news. I began watching it a few years ago to get the latest weather report and to have something mindless help pass the time during my first cup of joe. The more I watch, the more I am aware that I'm an alien in this world of mine. I don't want to claim my heritage here, I long for a better place. Here's an example of this morning's headlines:

1. "Arrest made in death of baby thrown from car."

2. "Lakeland father kills wife, 2 children, and himself. Teenage son narrowly escapes."

3. "Area schools closed with confirmed cases of Swine Flu outbreak."

...and that's just my LOCAL news, this doesn't even scrape the surface of what's going on world wide.


God has given us warnings that this would happen.


Matthew 24:7
For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places.


He reminds us who/what we are at war against.
Ephesians 6:12
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.



Yet, praise be to God, He gives us a hope in Jesus:

Phillipians 3:20
But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ,


Maranatha, Lord Jesus, come!

1 comment:

Nutmeg said...

It would be so easy to get caught up in all the horrible awful stuff this world has in it. We definitely need to keep perspective...the Lord's perspective that is!

I just wrote a blog post about this not being my home but more along the lines of the homes we live in here, so when I saw the title of this post on MOMYS feed I wondered what you would have to say about it.

Great post!
~Amy