Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A few of my favorite things....



A centerpiece of fresh fruit in my favorite ceramic bowl. There's nothing special about this bowl. It's one of three that were bought at a garage sale by a friend of mine. She knew I needed some mixing bowls and thought these would be perfect. They are. They're cracked, chipped, and worn. Every time I use them, I have visions of a grandmother somewhere, lovingly mixing up something wonderful for her family. I love this bowl.




My favorite cup. Again, another hand-me-down from who knows where. I love that it's dainty, feminine, and worn. I can be caught drinking coffee from it as well as tea. It makes me feel pampered.




Fresh, homemade, peach pie. With coffee, please. Do I need to explain?




A finished project. This one is bound for Nebraska.




A new project. I'm not sure where this one headed, or what it will be. I need some new dishcloths, maybe I'll be keeping these.




And the occasional, random shot found on my camera. Put there by someone under the age of 10, just waiting to be discovered by yours truly. I love their goofy personalities.

No comments: