Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sober-minded in the Home


Well, I intended to post much more on being sober-minded, but life got the best of me this week. Between the first day of school and a hurricane scare, I wasn't on the computer much at all. I'm going to wrap up being sober-minded and move right into loving our children and husbands tomorrow.

Remember, we are referring to being "sober" as "sober-minded", having a plan, not addressing things wildly but calmly with efficiency. One item in my home that has helped me is my binder. This is a very common item among stay at home moms. Some call it a home management binder, or a household binder. Whatever one calls it, it has the potential of becoming a very essential tool for organizing a home.

The contents:
My binder includes menu plans, emergency low cost grocery shopping lists, daily schedules, children's routines, recipes, cleaning plans, scripture reminders pertaining to being a keeper at home, emergency contacts, budgets, and birthday and Christmas lists. Whew! Now, it's not much to look at...I always had the intention of making it really pretty and super organized. In fact, at one time I had a relatively nice binder, but then I went to work and forgot all about how useful it was. I ended up redoing it recently and just haven't found the time to fancy it up. (I don't know why???)

Instead of showing you my ugly, plain jane binder, I'll give you some links that might spark your interest so you may begin your own.

Susan Godfrey at Simply Susan
Catherine at Making It Home
Flylady
Keeping the Home

Maybe during my copious free time this week, I'll make my binder look pretty and show you pictures. Yeah, right! ;)

No comments: